ALT-MED Medical and Physical Therapy
Elk Grove Village IL and serving Chicago area.
Fibromyalgia – there are answers to fibromyalgia, and for many, it is not more medications.
- Abnormal stress responses with changes in stress related hormones like cortisol (click here)
- Increased levels of chronic inflammation and response to pain
- Changes in memory and cognitions – similar to that seen in post traumatic stress disorder
- Profound fatigue – similar to chronic fatigue and adrenal fatigue – related syndromes
- Irritable bowel symptoms (click here)
- Difficulty concentrating
- Primarily women (9:1 ratio to men), between 20-50 years of age, in an industrialized nations.
Dr. Massey has found that many patients with fibromyalgia can get significantly better by addressing underlying medical conditions and stresses rather than simply prescribing a medication.
Dr. Massey published the first study using intravenous vitamins therapy (more information click here) for patients with medication – resistant fibromyalgia. His research showed, over 2 months, significant improvements in pain and energy.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are improved with supplements and therapies aimed at reducing the effects of stress and restoring adrenal and thyroid function. Treating gut-related issues often results in profound and lasting reductions in pain and suffering as well as increasing energy (more information click here)
Energy-based therapies, exercise and stress-reducing lifestyle changes are often needed for lasting relief from fibromyalgia.
Dr. Massey believes that fibromyalgia is, to a great extent, the result of stress and lifestyle and not an incurable disease. Medication is not the answer.
See Dr. Massey's video on fibromyalgia and the integrative medicine approach at ALT-MED Medical and Physical Therapy, click here
If you have fibromyalgia...we may be able to help
Call (847) 923-0046